Change Communications Specialist
As a Change Communications Specialist, you bring leadership and employee communication expertise to client projects that are focused on accelerating change and building change capability. You work with the team to solve our clients’ most complex business issues, simplifying complex ideas into plain language, crafting compelling storylines around change, and driving business results for Notion clients. You are comfortable with the uncomfortable and find opportunities to create value for our clients.
What You Do
Client Delivery & Relationship Management
- Lead the development of client-facing change communications deliverables, in partnership with the Project Lead or other member(s) of the project team, and with coaching from your communications manager.
- Work with the project team to brainstorm, develop, and execute client communication strategies and tactics.
- Deliver communications that speak to the client’s target audience(s), use the appropriate voice and vehicle, and inspire the desired action and behaviors.
- Consistently deliver high-quality work that translates complex ideas into compelling, polished, and straightforward language.
- Independently incorporate feedback and resolve issues from multiple stakeholders/sources.
- Collaborate with creative & technology SMEs in the design, development, and execution of innovative deliverables.
- Actively participate in and lead communication SME portion of client meetings/calls.
- Understand the client environment and demonstrate a client-focused mindset; manage multiple ever-changing timelines, requests, and deliverables.
- Drive profitability through the efficient delivery of client deliverables.
- Identify opportunities to create value on existing clients and/or identify new opportunities for growth using subject matter expertise.
- Support new business efforts related to your area of expertise.
Expertise + Thought Leadership
- Demonstrate a commitment to your expertise by seeking opportunities to grow and develop as a subject matter expert.
- Keep current with emerging change and communication trends and share best practices with the team.
- Take initiative to support Notion’s thought leadership efforts.
Org Leadership + Leading Teams
- Participate in internal initiatives that contribute to personal or organizational growth.
- Model accountability by setting a high bar for yourself and others to follow.
- Live Notion’s vision + values, representing Notion to prospective talent + clients.
- Support the growth of talent within the organization – support the onboarding process for new team members and actively seek and provide ongoing feedback.
What You Bring
- Degree in Communications, English or comparable
- 5-7+ years employee communications experience, either in an internal or consulting role
- Ability to translate complex ideas into everyday language
- Proven ability to write compelling, polished copy across multiple media for varying audiences
- Egoless writer – able to take feedback from multiple sources, resolve issues independently; thrives in a team environment that works iteratively
- Able to direct and work closely with creative resources
- Interested in growing change management consulting skills
- Curious, self-motivated, hard-working, well-organized, thick-skinned and resilient to ever-changing timelines, requests, and deliverables.
- Comfortable expressing a point of view and taking risks
- Entrepreneurial spirit and creative mindset
- Willing to travel to client site, up to ~20% of time, as needed
- Change management, HR, leadership or executive communications content experience a plus
- Video production and/or script writing skills a plus
- Ongoing drive to learn new techniques and trends in digital storytelling, design, technology, and social media
To apply, email your cover letter and résumé to email@example.com