Financial Planning and Reporting Analyst
As a Financial Planning and Reporting Analyst you’ll support the Head of Finance and Operations in facilitating sound management decisions through financial and metric reporting, highlighting material variances, trends, and risks/opportunities, and providing insightful commentary. You drive process improvements, adopt, develop and implement new reporting solutions as well as leverage forecasting activities to help drive the company to meet its financial expectations.
Your curiosity and comfort with technology and data allows you to enhance system reporting, integrations, and processes to drive efficiencies and insights. Your ability to connect the dots, find the story behind the numbers, and clearly communicate it to others allows you to support Notion’s growth and empower its consultants with the tools and knowledge they need to profitably manage their accounts. As a key member of a small team, you are a team player, willing to pitch in wherever needed, knowing the enhanced learning opportunities that come with a smaller organization.
- Partner closely with Head of Finance and Operations and accounting admin to oversee the month-end close process and ensure client accounts are properly billed.
- Generate accurate financial business reporting for management team and consultants
- Develop and update metrics/KPIs to determine operational performance and identify insights, trends, and risks/opportunities
- Assist with preparing forecasts, scenario planning, and budget process, including proactively identifying, developing, and implementing enhancements to existing reporting, analysis, and forecasting processes to better understand and predict impacts on company performance
- Perform ad hoc analyses to monitor tactical decisions and enable strategic decision making
- Provide hands-on administrative support of the Mavenlink and Hubspot platforms, including report, system, and process development. Support end users by creating/maintaining system reports.
- Educate and train team members on system processes and procedures, ensuring smooth adoption and compliance, acting as the key contact person for related questions.
- Foster service-focused relationships with the consulting team by effectively collaborating with account teams, including meeting with project leads to conduct account financial reviews and forecasts, and ensure proper client billing
- Provide support to the Finance and Operations team’s strategic priorities and initiatives, including researching best practices
What You Bring
- Degree or advanced degree in Finance or Accounting
- 3+ years of relevant experience in financial planning & analysis, controllership, or related experience, preferably in professional services industry
- Strong knowledge of financial reporting, accounting, financial forecasting and financial analysis
- Data-driven mindset and demonstrated success in the use of MS Suite of products, especially Excel (creating pivot tables and using advanced formulas). Experience with PowerPivot, SQL, Power BI or Tableau is a plus
- Confidentiality dealing with sensitive financial information
- Strong attention to detail without losing sight of the bigger picture
- Solid analytical and problem-solving skills with an ability to distill complex information
- Strong written, verbal, and interpersonal communication skills
- Ability to learn new concepts and applications quickly and effectively
- Curiosity and comfort digging into technology & system processes/data
- Exceptional organizational skills and ability to track multiple priorities simultaneously
- Commitment to high quality work and service excellence.
- Highly driven and self-motivated in a remote work environment
- Ability to travel as needed depending on location
To apply, email your cover letter and résumé to firstname.lastname@example.org